- 10 months later, Terra got her sched change. 3 8s, 1 12 so we’ll have SIX evenings a week together as a family AND she’s off Fri, Sat, Sun! 09:29:00, 2014-04-09
- One last Thurs-Sat 6-6. Then some weird days and new schedule starts on the 21st. When we’ll be getting up at 345a 7 days a week. #nurselyfe 05:13:57, 2014-04-10
- RT @RELEVANT: When expressing affection is no longer the “norm” in a marriage, it’s something you must make a priority. http://t.co/1fy0bv4… 06:11:14, 2014-04-10
- RT @inijames: Are electronic cigarettes bad for you? The shocking truth.: The answer is probably yes. But if you change the … http://t.co… 06:53:21, 2014-04-10
- Wow. I’ve gotten a lot of stuff done already today. I’d better pace myself :P 13:38:19, 2014-04-10
- My fierce protests are clearly futile. Winter, my favorite season, is obviously over. I guess I’ll dust off the shorts and sandals. 16:42:12, 2014-04-10
- RT @WhatsTheHarm: Everything you need to know about World Homeopathy Awareness Week is right here: http://t.co/HDzOAa1rSs #whaw #QEDcon #N… 21:03:37, 2014-04-10
- RT @RELEVANT: Leaving work at the office is now mandatory in France. The country has banned checking work email after 6pm. http://t.co/MPHn… 21:05:11, 2014-04-10
- RT @TheFoodLab: The key to a good chicken stir fry starts with slicing the chicken right. Here’s how you do it. http://t.co/AlWSZygyfi 21:07:57, 2014-04-10
- The Giant gas station on 528… RT @RioRanchoNM: Credit Card Scam http://t.co/zjbooqIhVb 21:04:52, 2014-04-11
- RT @RELEVANT: When we get physically ill, we know we need help. The Church needs to have the same attitude about mental health. http://t.co… 21:11:58, 2014-04-11
- Last day of this schedule. No more 3 12s (that are actually 13s or more) in a row after today. #nurselyfe 04:02:54, 2014-04-12
- @opusmcfeely Damn skippy. But 12 nursing home hours has turned out to be a whole different world of unpleasantness than 12 hospital hours. in reply to opusmcfeely 05:03:33, 2014-04-12
- Cleaned the dust off my bicycle, inflated the tires, put a much better seat on it. Think I’ll take it for a spin. 08:03:57, 2014-04-12
- Couldn’t decide between listening to theology stuff or philosophy stuff while I do housework so I put on RC Sproul’s podcast and get both :) 10:22:41, 2014-04-12
- RT @AudioDramaWiki: New article: The History of Old Radio http://t.co/dx1e5UFlTo 21:22:21, 2014-04-12
- RT @evidentpb: How powerful this would be if the US could only learn this. RT @aubreynb “All the moral laws cannot change the heart of men.… 21:24:56, 2014-04-12
Haven’t seen him since about September of 2007, when he was my boss of three years or so. And now he’s an Albuquerque cop.
He came over but he’s not a coffee drinker. I’ve heard of such people and I pray for them but I don’t know if I’ve ever met one. Anyway, we had a great time.
Terra and I are in chapter 15 of We’re Alive and it’s not great but it fits our schedule perfectly so, meh.
Since we have managed to somehow not have time for Second Shift four Wednesdays in a row now, we gave made a solemn vow to listen to the last four episodes, one a day, this week, starting tomorrow. Then, we’ll put audio theater time on hiatus (except for We’re Alive, of course). Very sad but we just aren’t finding the time lately.
Big week ahead… Jason and Andy coming for breakfast on Monday, Andy doing Terra’s hair on Tuesday, meeting at the school on Wednesday. And, of course, I always do the invites for the week at church – this is all stuff that was arranged last week!
Oh, and Monday begins our new schedule tweak of getting up at 6 on days off rather than 645.
And a slight change of our bicycle plans. Now we’ll do our morning ride together, when we drop Wesley at the bus stop and our after dinner rides will be separate so she can ride leisurely and I can ride hard. I wanna push myself and get as much progress, physically, as possible before it starts turning cold.
Had an awesome time at Jason and Andy’s on Sunday. He made shish kebabs and she made cheese quesadillas for Wesley and Faith. Then they played in their little pool while we hung out and chatted around the back patio table.
Monday night, we tried Five Guys Burgers for dinner. Meh. It was OK. Way too messy. Next time, I’ll skip the mushrooms and grilled onions and maybe it’ll hold together better. Wesley made a huge mess of his. But, Terra loved it.
We slowly are building up our bicycle riding legs. And, uh, breaking in our, uh, seats. If ya know what I mean.
I am having all kinds of issues with the apps from both MapMyRide and Strava. GPS issues, specifically. It seems to need a reliable phone signal – not just GPS signal. It keeps showing my original position correctly and then – when our cell coverage gets iffy, which does happen all over our neighborhood – it says it has a GPS connection but still shows me at my starting point or to the point where I lost cell signal.
Very annoying – I’m losing a lot of workout data.
I have had very very mild allergies the last week and Wednesday it became a little more than mild. I guess something got in my left ear. It was ringing the second half of the day and then some roaring.
Yesterday, when I woke up, the roaring was so bad I was wincing during our morning devotions. By the time I was getting Wesley ready for school, I couldn’t hardly hear through it. Took some Sudafed and it went back down to ringing but I also had very annoying vertigo all day.
Last night, at bedtime, Terra suggested I take an allergy pill. Yeah, that did it. In fact, it worked too fast – the vertigo kept getting worse and eventually I was laying there, nauseous and sweaty like I had food poisoning or a hangover. Didn’t get to sleep for a long time – it was after 10 – then the alarm went off at 345. Maybe I’ll have a nap.
Anyway, today it seems to be mostly gone. Still some ringing but that’s it.
Oh, and I moved the bar back to its original location. It sucks when guests are here in the cafe and I’m in the the far corner of the kitchen when making drinks. No matter how pretty it is, it’s just not the same as being there in the conversation.
Yeah, it ain’t pretty – more like that mad scientist or workshop look. But I knew it would. At least I’m there, a part of the cafe again.
The frame on the wall is gonna have pics of previous incarnations of the bar as soon as I get the prints made. Monday, I hope.
Speaking of the home cafe, Mark Mason came for his usual Friday morning coffee and we’re almost out of espresso beans so I made him siphon coffee on the stove. It’s his first time to witness siphon coffee so that was cool.
Finally got Terra her own Phoenix RDA. I built her a custom EkoWool microcoil (came out to 1.8 and she prefers in the 2.4 range, oops) and added her favorite pink drip tip and she tried it the first time last night and seems to like it more than she thought she would. She’s been pretty much exclusively on Protanks for a month, maybe closer to two. Anyway, I hope she keeps trying it. It’s pretty much all I use, except for my Phoenix v4 for my after dinner cinnamon vape.
Have I mentioned that the group Terra goes to every Monday night is now doing a study of The Screwtape Letters? It was my idea :)
In October, I’m gonna start the church’s Self-Confrontation class on Tuesday evenings. I’ve taken it before, a few years ago, was even offered to teach it at one point. But, I’m desperate for some kind of class to go to. Besides, it’s a great class and hopefully will open some further opportunities for me. Get me back on the radar screen, at least.