- If our memory is correct, Terra and I met on this day seven years ago :) 07:22:27, 2014-12-07
- My new schedule tweak is really working out – Wesley and I are at Sunday morning church second week in a row :) 09:40:46, 2014-12-07
- On the side of the road at 1pm, panic, worry, Terra stranded at work, car is fine at 6p. Thank God for Ian – one of our new church friends. 18:04:22, 2014-12-07
- Walking around Walmart in my slippers. Singing my favorite Donnie & Marie Christmas songs. Sorry, ladies, I'm taken. 10:22:32, 2014-12-09
- RT @SteveVape: American Heart Association Study Finds Vaping More Effective for Quitting Smoking than FDA-Approved Products http://t.co/vQE… 06:35:13, 2014-12-11
- Had a great visit to AeroVapors. Michael and I have a lot in common. Tried some juices, talked coffee, vape, VaporCast, kreteks. #abq 16:21:46, 2014-12-12
- RT @LutherQuots: You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say. 21:52:59, 2014-12-12
- RT @LutherQuots: It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor. 21:55:02, 2014-12-12
- RT @LutherQuots: You will have as much joy and laughter in life as you have faith in God. 21:56:20, 2014-12-12
- RT @LutherQuots: As a shoemaker makes a shoe, and a tailor makes a coat, so ought a Christian to pray. Prayer is the daily business of a Ch… 21:57:01, 2014-12-12
- RT @LutherQuots: Grace is given to heal the spiritually sick, not to decorate spiritual heroes 22:02:14, 2014-12-12
- RT @LutherQuots: There are three conversions necessary: the conversion of the heart, mind, and the purse. 22:03:19, 2014-12-12
- Christmas shopping family day. Will end with dinner out and xmas lights drive. It's the only day we're all together until 25th. #nurselife 10:21:11, 2014-12-13
- For many years, a Starbucks peppermint mocha frappuccino has been a favorite Christmas tradition. Today, we bought Wesley his first :) 15:18:41, 2014-12-13
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/r8wfbD0ia0 Baby it's cold outside 10:50:13, 2014-12-01
- Just dropped off the dog with her owner. Mixed feelings about that. Wesley and Terra really enjoyed her. Despite the smell. 17:22:38, 2014-12-01
- Third (or is it fourth?) Wednesday night church at our house. First time having visitors. 18:18:14, 2014-12-03
- First Christmas shopping done. Wireless earphones for while I work, pink FUnhattan for Terra. In our stockings til Christmas morn. 16:29:59, 2014-12-05
- Btw, we're getting Wesley a fish tank, et al, because he's been begging for one. And his big surprise this year is a PS3. 16:59:54, 2014-12-05
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/jaAKVyBFE9 Copper vs brass vs SS 06:02:47, 2014-12-06
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/aiB7IOSkJf Jackie Chan Famous Ladder Fight Scene (First Strike) HD Unrated Version 19:54:41, 2014-12-06
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/5GHEXpLiWU Vape Life Documentary – Episode 1 Smoking and Tobacco Addiction 13:26:52, 2014-11-23
- There is a dog in my house. I bewilderingly agreed to let Terra dogsit for someone in the church. For a week. She must have drugged me. 18:00:31, 2014-11-24
- Ya' know how I've said that I've never had anything but bad experiences with dogs? Yeah, that trend clearly continues unabated. And how. 12:22:45, 2014-11-26
- Christmas has begun! SomaFM's Xmas in Frisco on the stereo, 5th(?) year in a row. Deco'd Wesley's room yesterday, doing the house today. 07:53:59, 2014-11-28
- Very excited that I’ll be getting some new vacuum attachments soon.
Sigh. This is what my life has become. 10:34:49, 2014-04-28
- If you knew how good my first real enchiladas attempt just turned out, you’d be at the door demanding some. 17:10:41, 2014-04-28
- This week’s This American Life segment about Hospice is powerful stuff. I’ve lived it – they got it all right. http://t.co/cgIsgrKozF 17:57:16, 2014-04-28
- RT @SteveVape: New on SKVW: FDA regulation of e-cigarettes: huge costs, little or no benefit, says CASAA (Press… http://t.co/wD6B5hPbfK #… 05:44:30, 2014-04-29
- RT @mrtonylee: So apparently ex-MOST HAUNTED medium Derek Acorah thought a #AskDerekAcorah session would be a good idea. The questions are … 07:45:44, 2014-04-29
- Jeg har føjet en video til en playliste på @YouTube http://t.co/C8HbxfyEpb TROOPS – A Star Wars Fan Film 06:02:49, 2014-04-30
- My kitchen is my office. #househusband 15:30:53, 2014-04-30
- The first programs written in BASIC were RUN fifty years ago today. My dad bought me the “Beginning BASIC for Kids” book in 1984 – I was 11. 08:07:55, 2014-05-01
- @dubiasiti Flying Star. Nice. I recommend Americana breakfast burrito. And the Frio frozen coffee drinks if you’re into that sorta thing. in reply to dubiasiti 08:42:20, 2014-05-01
- Shopping day. Sprouts, Sam’s, Walmart. Still haven’t finalized my meal plan for the week nor, therefore, made the shopping list. 09:57:22, 2014-05-01
- Btw, I woke up to a dishwasher that died overnight. It got about halfway through then quit. Now all it does is repeatedly fill and drain. 10:03:34, 2014-05-01
- (Now I’m afraid I’ll miss the repairman calling me if I get in the shower. This is no time for phone tag.) 10:06:57, 2014-05-01
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/v9WM5hcjVb Heavens Gate Cult Inside Story Full Documentary 17:31:10, 2014-05-01
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/JYZP9l2RVW APS Ecigarette Students Punished 17:32:23, 2014-05-01
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/DmELpqgpPo Northern eXposure – Holling Sings Ave Maria To Shelly On Christmas Eve 18:12:39, 2014-05-01
- A local TV “news” story used the terms “smoking an #ecig” and says it “vaporizes tobacco”. Even my 8yo son knows more than the media. 18:47:26, 2014-05-01
I’ve spent probably 30 hours on this. And I still don’t like it.
I like the other two vids I made but I just can’t get this one right. I’ve edited and re-edited and re-edited – I even started completely over once – and now I’m just abandoning it and hoping it’s not as bad as it seems to me.
But, considering it’s the second week of January and no matter what I do, I’m still not satisfied with it, I’m just walking away and posting it as is…
We took a break from most of our routines for a couple weeks and this week we’re back on track so that’s good. Breaks are good but we’re so used to all these little disciplines we have it feels really weird to skip them.
We started a new home fellowship on Tuesday. I don’t know how well it will work out, since it will mean staying up later than we’re used to (they start at 7) but we’re gonna give it our best shot. We miss being in a home fellowship.
Tonight for family night, we all played Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS2). Wesley, Nina, and I played three hours every Saturday all summer so he and I have level 50ish characters but Terra is starting at level 1 so she needs lots of help but that’s more good lessons for Wesley.
Terra finally got to go on a clothes shopping spree with her Christmas money. I helped her choose some things out and she’s happy with what she got.
I’ve been cooking with my new kitchen stuff that I bought with my Christmas money. I love the new stuff. I’ve never bought new kitchen stuff before so this is exciting.
And I’ve made waffles four times (or is it five?) since I got my waffle maker for Christmas :)
She is totally addicted to her Nook I got her for Christmas. That’s good. It’s a great addition to her corner.
We’ve finally figured out a way to get audio theater into our life again. YAY!!! We’re listening at dinner now. I love our dinner music playlist but we’ve been REALLY missing audio theater and don’t have any other time to listen anymore so this is good.
So far, our plan is to have some variety by listening to Radio Drama Revival one night and The Sonic Society on another. The other two nights we have available will be one show of her choosing and one of mine. She chose The Leviathan Chronicles and I chose The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. We’re nearing the end of season one of the former and starting season two of the latter. Picking up where we previously left off in both cases. We’ll probably only do a season at a time, switch to another show (there’s so many we want to hear!) and return to a show for another season so we have variety and don’t spend months trying to get through an entire show like we did before.
I seem to be starting another bout of my sleep disorders again. It’s been a few months. It always starts with vivid, emotional dreams that stay with me for days. Then come the nightmares, the waking myself up screaming or flailing, etc.. I’m toying with the idea of vlogging about the dreams I have. And then the things that inevitably come after. It will go on for a few months then go away again for awhile.
We decorated :)
And here’s a couple tweets…
We’re doing a lot of shopping via apps so far – Amazon and eBay. For Terra, we’re building her a “teleportation chamber” in the living room. Papasan chair, little table for a book or two, a lamp, maybe a picture on the wall of a faraway exotic place. It will go where the tree is now.
Last night, we had a Christmas slumber party night – those are a rarity these days. We sat in our now Christmasy room and watched Christmas Vacation and Mixed Nuts, ate a lot of junk food, and laughed hysterically.