- RT @reformada1689: Ace hole 9 Roosevelt Paek Albuquerque New Mexico. Brand new #EMacTruth Lucid. #DynamicDiscs https://t.co/LTG5SzU1cL 07:59:46, 2016-06-12
- New coffee guests! :) Carrie and Brian came over today. We met them at our new Meetup group. https://t.co/halPRUYHff 13:35:08, 2016-06-12
- Welp, tonight's the night. Terra and I are about to watch the final episode of Carnivale. #heartbreak https://t.co/8fFL9dkE0w 18:30:13, 2016-06-13
- Rearranged the coffee labels to make room for all the new ones coming in Terra's coffee subscription. https://t.co/lAegNo7EJG 19:07:04, 2016-06-14
- You can't buy love, happiness, or experience points. 21:42:30, 2016-06-14
- Smoky, hazy Albuquerque because of the #DogHeadFire https://t.co/2ahidkAyWC 20:57:05, 2016-06-15
- Me and Doctor Hoo kitty looking concerned. https://t.co/F8PoB6IDCf 16:11:50, 2016-06-16
- Second day in the Sunrise Veterinary Clinic waiting room. Christmas Kitty is not well. https://t.co/MsjrFyzOdh 14:46:19, 2016-06-17
- RT @OnePerfectShot: [watch] The Product: Wide Shots in BREAKING BAD https://t.co/Lc9nl0tEgw https://t.co/x4nY5u3LVi 20:32:59, 2016-06-17
- RT @OnePerfectShot: Dreams of the Force: 'A Backyard Far Away' Captures the Magic of STAR WARS https://t.co/XmgKBZlu5I https://t.… 20:49:45, 2016-06-17
- Wesley's 2nd viewing of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. His other fave is Curious George. #weirdkid https://t.co/O8rPrj1cxN 14:35:00, 2016-06-18
- All my hate for this new dishwasher has faded since I started using Finish Powerballs. They’re amazing. #sparklydishes #happyhousehusband 05:34:34, 2014-06-23
- Had Pastor Los from Redemption Church over for coffee and discussed how we could get involved despite working Sundays. #fingerscrossed 09:45:06, 2014-06-23
- TIL the spring in my switch means voltage drop so I should hunt down 12x9x1.5 magnets and mod the switch for purer power. (Right?) #vaping 12:17:04, 2014-06-23
- RT @FDATobacco: Do you have info or comments on the proposed #FDAdeeming rule? We extended the comment period to 8/8 http://t.co/7ObpGywWVb 19:13:38, 2014-06-23
- RT @thefilmtalk: L: THEY LIVE lives. http://t.co/fDSn7sMGQP #theylive #losangeles #cinema #films #johncarpenter 05:38:47, 2014-06-24
- I liked a @YouTube video from @wholelattelove http://t.co/jQTktYU03C Machine Comparison: Gaggia Classic vs. Rancilio Silvia 14:31:56, 2014-06-24
- I kinda wish I’d tweeted the bad news we got over a week ago so I could tweet the great news we got today that reverses it. o.O #huh? 19:42:46, 2014-06-24
- RT @ecigaretteforum: A little empathy needed: imagine regaining olfactory capacity lost by smoking, and then consider importance of flavors… 05:05:29, 2014-06-25
- Prematurely excited about Terra’s parents staying with us for their 1st AIBF. And they’ll be here for the start of our Halloween month fun! 06:04:54, 2014-06-25
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/oltL0OBKjO New York Cine Radio Presents: John Bloom on the Origins of Joe Bob Briggs 10:55:06, 2014-06-25
- RT @thinkgeek: Today in Geek History: Blade Runner released in 1982. Would you pass the Voight-Kampff test? http://t.co/W18OjNikyy 12:14:06, 2014-06-25
- Today, I’m watching the full three and a half hour director’s cut of Das Boot. A film I love but never get to see. (Netflix HD, 5.1) #dayoff 12:52:27, 2014-06-26
- Good day out, three vape stores, got some Pris from VaporSpace, came home to 84 degree house, AC unit not running. Gonna be a long night. 17:35:38, 2014-06-27
- Nice. The AC guy showed up, did a couple things, will be back in 40 mins with the part and we’ll have cold air again! :) 19:16:50, 2014-06-27
- YAY!!! We finally get our own big #vapemeet!! 2014 Vape Fiesta http://t.co/EDcXF82XGB #abq #newmexico #vape 05:24:10, 2014-05-18
- I’m thinking this could be the summer I begin Wesley’s (8yo) serious #homebarista training. He’s watched for years and knows all the steps. 12:25:59, 2014-05-18
- Someone asked ME #parenting #advice! HA!!
I said I have no advice, only regrets summed up in “Enjoy who your child is right now.” 14:07:20, 2014-05-18
- RT @RRObserver: Hot-air balloon competition comes to town http://t.co/g88pYKotjB 14:15:30, 2014-05-18
- RT @charliemassie: Very cool. RT @krupenin: Cool use of twitter http://t.co/FIE6X0oPN9 05:36:10, 2014-05-19
- RT @GregTHR: Congrats to those in the #publichealth industry. Less smokers today think e-cigs are less harmful than in 2010 http://t.co/jv5… 05:41:34, 2014-05-19
- Grrr, so the school sends a note TODAY that Wesley needs a sack lunch, drink, and bottle of water TOMORROW?!!! 16:45:34, 2014-05-20
- Видео “A Trip to Jupiter (1909) – SEGUNDO DE CHOMON – Le voyage sur Jupiter” ( http://t.co/uIqFXKnXNp ) на @YouTube 06:58:14, 2014-05-21
- RT @AlaskanRiviera: Picture time! (3.17, Lost & Found) #NorthernExposure http://t.co/sOWmImnSnG 13:45:00, 2014-05-21
- RT @cnnbrk: Hacked: EBay customers must reset passwords after data theft http://t.co/hic0Oy1xTL 14:14:28, 2014-05-21
- Good news – City of Lost Children is on Netflix in HD!!
Bad news – the subs are CC and sometimes sound description trumps dialogue! (??!!!) 16:51:31, 2014-05-21
- Caveat RE my last tweet – I confirmed subs are CC but have not watched the whole movie yet to confirm bad news – source is a Reddit thread. 16:53:54, 2014-05-21
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! 04:04:47, 2014-05-22
- Видео “Journeys From Beyond Earth-UFO documentary from the 1970’s.” ( http://t.co/B4ZciTWAcH ) на @YouTube добавлено в 07:59:13, 2014-05-22
- Warehouse 13 is turning out to be a perfect SPN binge show. 19:28:47, 2014-05-22
- Hanging with old friends Billy and Chelsey with FIVE little kids running around our house, playing. 13:49:32, 2014-05-23
- Well, Christmas Kitty’s hunting season has begun. I woke up to feathers all over the living room floor and one gory part I can’t identify. 04:19:44, 2014-03-27
- Pastor Mark is officially the first visitor to our new #homecafe. Btw, I’ve been hesitant to post pics since it’s only 90% done. But maybe. 07:57:22, 2014-03-28
- RT @RELEVANT: “Aronofsky is less interested in a cohesive story than he is the purity of his vision.” – Our review of ‘Noah’: http://t.co/w… 09:40:40, 2014-03-28
- Too impatient to wait until it’s all done. Sneak preview of our renovated #HomeCafe http://t.co/DTJxZUR9iq #homebarista #coffee 10:04:26, 2014-03-28
- RT @pastorjcarr: When a missionary messages you from a safehouse in the Middle East while his church is under attack, debates on the Noah m… 13:08:45, 2014-03-28
- RT @LosGriego: NM: Earthquakes, nope. Hurricanes, nope. Polar Vortex, nope. Four seasons, yep! 05:38:45, 2014-03-29
- Great early morning visit with Jano (@reformada1689). Gave me an excuse to not start my work day just yet :P 07:25:34, 2014-03-29
- Forgot to mention I made Jano his first siphon (vacpot) coffee. That’s always fun. It’s been since September since I used that pot. 07:31:55, 2014-03-29
- RT @vudufans: The 99c Rental of the Day for 03/30/2014 is: The NeverEnding Story http://t.co/mrk7ffaXWZ 10:09:32, 2014-03-30
- We got Wesley a copy of The Wizard of Oz and we’re all sitting in the cafe and he’s reading it to us. We had no idea he could read so well. 15:46:01, 2014-03-30
- We found Moogle dead this morning. Please pray for our family, especially Wesley. 07:50:49, 2014-03-31
I’ve spent probably 30 hours on this. And I still don’t like it.
I like the other two vids I made but I just can’t get this one right. I’ve edited and re-edited and re-edited – I even started completely over once – and now I’m just abandoning it and hoping it’s not as bad as it seems to me.
But, considering it’s the second week of January and no matter what I do, I’m still not satisfied with it, I’m just walking away and posting it as is…
So, we’ve put SPN on indefinite hiatus again, which leaves Sunday nights blank.
We’re trying alternating PSO on our Wii in the bedroom and movies in the living room. We did a movie last week so tonight we did PSO, which normally we’d listen to Art Bell with, when we were doing this over the summer. But tonight we tried Loveline (from our PS3 to my PSP via remote play) and it was much more enjoyable. As a medical professional and a recovering addict and former drug counselor, we get a kick out of it. And it’s good to have a laugh.
Educational and entertaining. Perfection.
I used to listen every night for a couple years at the turn of the century. We’re only interested in those old Adam and Drew days so we get episodes from LovelineTapes.com and tonight was from Oct 17, 2001 and it was a great one.
We had a great time so there’s every reason to believe we’ll do this again.
After church today, we went to Hastings and I was shocked that the latest edition of The Joy of Cooking is $35.
See, I’ve decided I want a cookbook and I might as well start with a time-tested one. Though, I think I want the old 1975 edition all our moms had. Consecrated by use and hallowed by time and all that.
I’m sick of trying to force myself to spend time hunting for new recipes on my phone (remember, we have no computer) and I’m sick of only ever making the same ten things – and most of the Pinterest recipes I end up trying are unhealthy comfort food – so I want an actual book.
I guess I’ll just get one from Amazon.
Anyway, tomorrow should be fun. Noel is coming for coffee in the morning and then Kathy is coming for dinner and a movie. I’m thinking pasta and The King’s Speech. So, I hope Netflix holds up and gives us a solid HD stream.
This is the time of year I start making hot drinks and there is so much more diversity in those.
There’s only so much you can do with iced coffee drinks. Sure, we love our iced press, iced lattes, and this summer I introduced what we came to call an Iceless (first drink pic on my coffee page), but that’s about it.
Ah, but hot drinks. Now, there’s variety. I start making peppermint mochas during Christmas, then, when January starts, I start doing weekly(ish) specials. A time to brush up on all those recipes and learn some new ones.
This week, I’m starting with Cafe au Lait made with moka pot coffee…
It’s a foamier drink than a latte, with a thick layer on top but leaving the underlying milk fairly dense. Equal parts coffee and steamed milk. I make it with press as well but our dear friend Jennifer gave us some Lavatzza Classico for Christmas, so that’s reason enough to make the moka pot I got for Christmas last year the first thing I dust off for the winter.
In the coming weeks, I’ll be making all those drinks you see on the home page I made for my home cafe and many more, as well as others I’ll learn as we go.
So, stop by and try something. Lately, we’re home and ready for guests every Monday. Any other day just give me a little notice before you drop by.
Or, as I’ve been telling people lately, we’re open all day Monday and by appointment only all other days :)
Kathy Force came for coffee yesterday. It was a great time. She and Terra and I hung out in the cafe, I made her a mocha latte with that great Torani dark choc syrup, then she also ended up having a press of some of the last of the MTC Kenya AA we have. She really enjoyed it.
It sounds like she might start coming by every Monday. We’re all for it.
Before she showed up, we ordered some Juicy Vapor liquids. Ecto Plasma, of course, and we’re trying Vape the Rainbow (Skittles) and Blueberry Granita. We’re really looking forward to trying some new stuff from them.
Btw, once again, their Volusion checkout didn’t work so I had to call and order over the phone.
Terra and Karen (all that’s left of their group) are now meeting Monday afternoons so that’s easier than evenings. And this is a month we want evenings for movies.
So, Monday night we had sort of a slumber party makeup night since we didn’t do it on Sunday. We got a dvd from Netflix of Elvira hosting a double feature of the original House on Haunted Hill and Night of the Living Dead. We watched them in bed. I’ve never seen the former (and, uh, meh) and the latter was as good as ever.
Today, we did a little running around. Nothing exciting but it’s always great to just be able to go out after so long being trapped in Alamogordo. The novelty has not yet worn off. October 8 was one year since the long hardship times ended. That’s the day we were officially fully on our own two feet.
And we’re glad she’s off no matter what we do. She had that stupid all day class two days last week so we only had one day off.
And, btw, October 1 was three years since we started vaping. We smoked once in a while for a couple more months so we haven’t been smoke free for fully three years, but still.
Tonight, as Halloween month continues, we watched Men in Black II. We’ve never seen it. Now I know why. I gave it 3 out of 10.
Oh yeah, and Terra has finally been cleared from work this weekend so she IS going to the church retreat! :)
And she got all three of her work days off but doesn’t leave until Friday so we have an extended week :)
(But she appears to be getting sick now. She spent all day with a throbbing headache nothing apparently can touch and a mild fever that comes and goes.)
And, btw, the last couple days, we’ve been playing a little of The Typing of the Dead on Dreamcast. I still have two official Dreamcast keyboards, even. It’s a perfect weird Halloween game (Game Informer Magazine named it the weirdest game of all time) and we were having a great time with it. And then today, it refuses to boot. DAMMIT!!! My Dreamcast is so old, it had a hard time booting anything that isn’t in perfect condition and my copy of ToTD is pretty scratched.
And I didn’t even get pics or vids of us playing. Grrrrr.
So, yeah, that happened.
I’ve never gone to someone’s house to watch a TV show before. They bought pizza. Wesley and Faith played in her room. Andy says they’ll give us a goat and the two kids will marry. … That’s a Bible joke.
A good time was had by all. I started losing interest in The Walking Dead last season (season 3). Artificially dragging out storylines just to make a full season’s worth of episodes. It’s too early to know what to think after just the first episode. Like judging a novel by the first ten pages.
Anyway, Andy is gonna do Terra’s hair next Sunday day at their house. I am gonna watch football with Jason. Heh, yeah. Football. Me. Well, we’ll see.
Tomorrow, Kathy Force and her teenaged son Daniel are coming for coffee. Feels like forever since we had guests so this is good. And Kathy is a favorite guest :)
Missed church last Sunday for Balloon Fiesta but we went today and, wow, is it different. See, they started a satellite church – Calvary Chapel of the Meadows. And a lot of people went over there to help start it up. Including Tom and Bonnie Stueber. Bummer. And a few other people I really like and have known for years. Sigh. So, yeah, today was about 3/4 the usual crowd.
No Halloween slumber party tonight but we’re gonna have a makeup tomorrow night or Tuesday. Got a dvd of Elvira hosting House on Haunted Hill. Plus we still have a couple MonsterVision movies, so we’re well stocked for Halloween slumber party nights.