- Bed time. The closest thing I get to being "home from work". #househusband https://t.co/jjo3crEWQA 20:06:13, 2016-03-20
- A balloonar eclipse. When a passing #hotairballoon blocks the sun our house goes dark. #abq #albuquerque #riorancho https://t.co/2U6ftl0Hsh 08:18:27, 2016-03-21
- Espresso. (Oops, pulled it too long.) #homebarista #homecafe https://t.co/z37ygWfNQR 11:49:16, 2016-03-21
- Terra likes when we get junk mail. One of her wind down after work activities. https://t.co/r5yZ3cRKHB 15:57:40, 2016-03-22
- Espresso shot for Terra's home-from-work, end-of-work-week iced caramel latte. https://t.co/XPASq7PWbP 16:51:27, 2016-03-23
- The Black Hole. Terra somehow has never seen it. https://t.co/J0M9q3QVvB 19:45:18, 2016-03-24
- PSO afternoon with Terra, normal mode Forest to Falz, listening to The Black Tapes. https://t.co/SEcE4yEtCH 11:22:23, 2016-03-25
- Wesley is rolling cars down long ramps and watching Get Smart. That's his favorite show lately. https://t.co/kTwj4X4ynk 15:40:17, 2016-03-26
- RT @StuOstro: Timelapse of downsloping on the Sandia Crest #nmwx https://t.co/fUOQSgKlZZ 05:37:54, 2015-11-08
- Making baked burritos. That Christopher signature recipe. #betterthanmeatloaf https://t.co/9OyfflEP9P 16:45:20, 2015-11-08
- Holly and baby Tricksie. https://t.co/QYrGy4ZWQV 07:50:15, 2015-11-09
- RT @RELEVANT: Sometimes being a good friend means boundaries and distance. Here are 3 types of friends to be cautious of: https://t.co/5kZA… 20:00:51, 2015-11-09
- On our bed, Holly watches her favorite Roku channel while Tricksie snuggles and Christmas Kitty chills nearby. https://t.co/xPaF4BaODU 10:12:28, 2015-11-10
- An after work latte for Terra. I need to practice my milk steaming and pouring again. I lose it every summer…. https://t.co/tPNyyOmrAB 16:17:55, 2015-11-11
- Kitten on nightstand. https://t.co/Q4QWtwTzAL 19:27:10, 2015-11-12
- Hot air balloon at sunset. I love living in Albuquerque. https://t.co/CFt1tUfbou 16:48:51, 2015-11-13
- Wesley's latest purchase. He already has all Connery and Moore. Next allowance, he starts buying Brosnan. https://t.co/zAP9TZQang 16:30:22, 2015-11-14
- Christmas Kitty had to be in the hospital overnight – emergency dental work :( And Doctor Hoo has been very lonely the whole time. 07:40:13, 2014-11-12
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/3vfW2xBTAD The Last Broadcast [FULL] 09:50:09, 2014-11-12
- Christmas Kitty is home. They even shaved all those gross mats off him. No charge! I will post a pic tomorrow if you promise not to laugh. 17:22:59, 2014-11-12
- It has begun. Our church has started a midweek service. At our house! Tonight was the first. This is very exciting :) 22:17:34, 2014-11-12
- RT @NWSAlbuquerque: First 32° reading of fall season @ABQSunport hits at 553pm! #nmwx Nevers ceases to amaze. 22:31:45, 2014-11-12
- Tip: If you have burned, blistered fingers, don't try to wrestle your kitty's mouth open to give him a pill until they're fully healed. 07:57:03, 2014-11-13
- Have I mentioned that Terra and I just passed 4 years smoke free? #vaping #improof 14:29:58, 2014-11-13
- Just had a balloonar eclipse. Sipping coffee in our cafe room, room goes dark, look outside, a balloon had just crossed the sun. #abq 08:12:47, 2014-11-14
- Forgot to complain yesterday – going to the new church meant a lot of the old "Hi, I'm Christopher." then "Chris, good to meetcha!" #grrrr 16:28:47, 2014-09-14
- RT @GoogleFacts: The computing memory of an iPhone is a lot more than what NASA's spaceship used to take the man to the Moon. 08:39:22, 2014-09-15
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist http://t.co/6sfPlzcTSn The Last Man on Earth (1964) Vincent Price / Spooky Movie 14:23:35, 2014-09-15
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist http://t.co/2IKPoxviel Cherry 2000 14:24:16, 2014-09-15
- Terra and I, watching Warehouse 13 in bed with the kitties, outside door open, while it rains and thunders. #aperfectmoment 18:58:48, 2014-09-15
- I got that Halloween fever! It's just not getting here fast enough! We already have new decorations to put up this year. 08:27:42, 2014-09-16
- RT @SteveVape: Forgot e-liquid now I have to make one carto last all day. It's like the vaper version of the Hanaukkah story. 15:52:19, 2014-09-16
- Everything wet outside, drizzling, forecast is scattered thunderstorms… So, WHY is there balloon in the sky? I've never seen that. #abq 07:57:25, 2014-09-17
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/EoX39qCNbR Playing Ingress 08:20:13, 2014-09-17
- Missed Wesley's bus. First time ever. No way to get him there so, I guess he gets to help me at the church today. 09:24:40, 2014-09-17
- I said GOTTDAYIM IT'S NICE TODAY!!!! Doors open, Nag Champa wafting through, 72 degrees inside, Halloween and AIBF on our minds… #abq 11:11:07, 2014-09-18
- Dessert date with Terra :) Tiramisu and cappuccinos at the elegant @JoesPastaHouse #abq #riorancho #livinthadream http://t.co/avaX9S36NV 16:25:24, 2014-09-18
- After having Pastor David over twice and going to work at the church twice, we went to an actual church meeting tonight. And it was good :) 21:48:23, 2014-09-18
- We have decided to start giving Wesley an allowance. He does do a lot of chores around here. Today he is a man. 08:29:51, 2014-09-19
- Today's coffee guests are Pastor David, his wife, and his teenage daughter, who is a fellow barista :) 09:34:20, 2014-09-20
- Had a great visit with Pastor David, Angela, and Emily. Now, errands time, starting with this year's first trip to Spirit of Halloween. 15:58:21, 2014-09-20
- Huge hot air balloon just hovering right above our house. No more than 50 feet up – just floating, almost stationary. #abq #ehrmahgerd! 08:06:19, 2014-05-25
- Wesley and I have identified the ballon above our house as Great Escape from Peyton, Colorado. #abq #hotairballoon #balloonatic 08:15:50, 2014-05-25
- Way too much to do today. Housework, errands, and all have to be done by three so I can start making dinner. 10:17:22, 2014-05-25
- Errands day with Wesley takes longer but there’s no denying it’s more fun. #dadslikesummervacationtoo 14:34:07, 2014-05-25
- RT @HankHanegraaff: “Even the Rock of Gibraltar was shaped by winds & rain. No matter how strong, we’re all shaped by storms more than good… 08:07:04, 2014-05-26
- RT @EconBizFin: E-cigarettes really do help smokers give up the demon weed http://t.co/YxWgEhPoBW http://t.co/iDrf1AJkLt 08:24:14, 2014-05-26
- RT @ECIGattorney: The Economist | Electronic cigarettes: Call it quits http://t.co/KAwBonMMSo via @theeconomist 08:27:10, 2014-05-26
- Our son is playing outside of his own volition for the first time in his 8 years. (We gave up trying to persuade him to do it long ago.) 16:11:46, 2014-05-26
- I bought Wesley cans of beef ravioli and taught him to make his own lunch. My whole life has been leading up to this moment. 10:02:09, 2014-05-27
Wesley and I saw 7 or 8 balloons this morning. Not very close but still fun.
Saturday means noon to 3p is our weekly Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS2) session of Nina, Wesley, and I.
I have way too much work to do before and after. My last two days have been very unproductive and I have a lot of catch up to do.
We listened to We’re Alive Chapter 8, part 3 (of 3) tonight when she got home. This show is growing on me. Well, the story is picking up. This show is made more like a novel – the first few chapters are getting to know characters and establishing setting and situation. It assumes you’re committed to it and it doesn’t have to hook you and jump right in.
Either way, I am more and more interested. It’s not perfect (my main complaint is some of the actors) but still really good. Better than I thought listening to the first few chapters, which we gave up on a couple months ago. Or, at least, we preferred other shows (The Leviathan Chronicles, Second Shift) to listen to in our audio theater time.
It is getting harder to get so little at a time. One episode per work night, three nights a week, so one chapter a week. (Each chapter is neatly divided into three 15-20min episodes.) Like having a dozen cupcakes and only being able to eat one third of one cupcake three nights a week when you really just want to devour the whole dozen right now. But, the show has 36 chapters (with season 4 beginning next month!) so we’re gonna be at this a loooong time. And that’s awesome since there is no other show that so perfectly fits our schedule needs.
And, btw, I went ahead and tried the two-month-old Hobbes’ Blood and it does taste a little different now. However, Terra says it tastes very different and really likes it?!?
And Nina tried it and says it’s awesome?!?
They BOTH agreed when I got it in May that it tastes like cucumber and I say it STILL DOES. But both say there is now plenty of coconut and sweetness?!? Again, taste is subjective but I say they’re crazy.
(Or this is some twisted practical joke they’re playing on me…)
It was a great weekend and today was especially memorable.
And it will not get the post it deserves because I just want to go to sleep.
This morning had quite a few balloons and one that almost landed right next to the house. I’ll post some pics and vids to Facebook.
Then, we went and saw Moonrise Kingdom at the dollar theater and that was a great time.
Terra and I have never gone to a movie without Wesley. And we’ve only been to a movie a handful of times in the last five years period. She enjoyed the movie more than I did. It is certainly Wes Anderson at his, uh, Wessiest. More than Zissou, even. I can’t wait to see it again – at home – and give it a more thorough viewing.
Today was Terra’s first real payday – and it’s a good one – so we went a few places looking for a table for the cafe room. We found nothing. This may be tricky.
Then, my long lost friend Nina came over and that was all kinds of awesome. We all hung out for awhile then went to dinner at Flying Star. Then, came back and hung out some more.
She promises to come over frequently so there will be a sequel, nay, a season two of all the fun we used to have in the old days before I moved away.
After Nina left, Terra and I watched Lovely Molly on Netflix streaming and, wow, we really did not like it.
Tomorrow, Terra is back to work, I have a lot of housework, but Nina will be coming over in the evening :)
Forgot to mention she is on call tomorrow and someone said she should be expecting to be called in, which would take away the first day of she’s had in what seems like forever. That poor girl is very tired, sore, sleep-deprived at this point.